ALOYSIUSSCHOOL            

Kerkstraat           Nuenen

Founded in 1920 by the parish board as R.K. elementary school for boys. The school building, with its brick decorative elements in the style of the Amsterdam school, was designed by architect Lambert de Vries from Helmond and built by contractor Jac de Vries from Nuenen. The property has a symmetrical facade. Initially there were four classrooms. In 1960 it became a mixed primary school, since 1964 called Aloysiusschool. Aloysius is the patron of the studying youth. In 1988 the building was converted into an apartment block for young people.

In 1920 door het parochiebestuur gesticht als R.K. lagere school voor jongens. Het schoolgebouw, met zijn bakstenen sierelementen in de stijl van de Amsterdamse school, is ontworpen door architect Lambert de Vries uit Helmond en gebouwd door aannemer Jac de Vries uit Nuenen. Het pand heeft een symmetrische voorgevel. Aanvankelijk waren er vier klaslokalen. In 1960 werd het een gemengde lagere school, sinds 1964 Aloysiusschool genaamd. Aloysius is de patroon van de studerende jeugd. In 1988 is het pand verbouwd tot appartementencomplex voor jongeren.

Lijst informatieborden / List of info plaques

U bevindt zich op de website “De Drijehornick”, de heemkundekring van Nuenen.