cottage of the sexton
Built as a weaver’s house in the 18th century. The first occupant was Hendrik Spee. Characteristics applied by the builder can still be seen on the original wooden pillars in the house. Later it was called the “verger’s house” because the verger-organist of the Protestant church, Willem van der Burg, lived here. From 1916 to 1967 his daughter Mien lived there as a clerk. The building was completely renovated in 2018, with characteristic elements such as the original clay chimney, and the roof construction was made visible.