OUDE TOREN

Kerkhoef ong.     Nederwetten

This is the tower of the 15th-century parish church of Nederwetten. The first parish church was founded here in 1250 by the priory of Hooidonk. From 1756 to 1792 the town hall of the municipality of Nederwetten was also in the church. The church was demolished in 1898, after the new Sint-Lambertus church was taken into use. The tower continued to serve as a “bell tower” until 1920, after which the bells were transferred to the new church. In 1933 the tower lost its peak due to a storm.

Dit is de toren van de 15e-eeuwse parochiekerk van Nederwetten. De eerste parochiekerk werd hier gesticht in 1250 door de priorij van Hooidonk. Van 1756 tot 1792 was in de kerk ook het raadhuis van de gemeente Nederwetten. De kerk is in 1898 afgebroken, nadat de nieuwe Sint-Lambertuskerk in gebruik was genomen. De toren bleef nog tot 1920 dienst doen als ‘luid-toren’, waarna de klokken overgebracht werden naar de nieuwe kerk. In 1933 verloor de toren door een storm zijn spits.

Lijst informatieborden / List of info plaques

U bevindt zich op de website van “De Drijehornick”, de heemkundekring van Nuenen.