The year 1734 applied to the wall anchors shows the year of construction of the first “huys for Schout and Schepenen van Nuenen-Gerwen”. It was used until 1874. The entrance, consisting of a carved frame on a hard stone ornament and sidewalk, indicates that it was a grand building at the time. In 1874 a textile-weaving mill was established. From 1910 the building was used as a café, called “The worn-out mind” and then as a shop and house.