VOORMALIG STATIONSKOFFIEHUIS

Stationsweg 6-8,               Eeneind

Built in 1867 as a tannery. From 1882 used as station coffee house, bicycle storage and livestock storage. A kiosk was built on the left for the harmony “Exercise and Perseverance”, which was founded in 1884. The station coffee house served as such until in 1938 the Nuenen station was closed for the passenger service. The station building from 1866 was demolished in 1972. In 1953 the former Station Coffee House was split into two houses.

Gebouwd in 1867 als leerlooierij. Vanaf 1882 gebruikt als stationskoffiehuis, rijwielstalling en vee-stalling. Aan de linkerzijde werd een kiosk gebouwd bestemd voor de in 1884 opgerichte harmonie ‘Oefening en Volharding’. Het stationskoffiehuis heeft als zodanig dienst gedaan totdat in 1938 het station Nuenen voor de reizigersdienst is gesloten. Het stationsgebouw uit 1866 is in 1972 afgebroken. In 1953 werd het voormalig stationskoffiehuis gesplitst in twee woningen.

Lijst informatieborden / List of info plaques

U bevindt zich op de website van “De Drijehornick”, de heemkundekring van Nuenen.