DE VANK          

Kerkstraat 7,      Nuenen

This former parish house De Vank with adjacent caretaker’s house was built in 1940 on the initiative of pastor Aldenhuijsen, and on behalf of the board of the St. Clemens Parish. Cees de Bever was the architect. The buildings were built by the Nuenen contractor Jac de Vries. There was a theatre, and on the first floor a chapel, crowned with a bell tower. De Vank is an example of traditional architecture for church purposes inspired by the Delft School. Until 2005 it was used as a parish house. In 2017 it was renovated and turned into apartments.

Dit voormalig parochiehuis De Vank met naastgelegen conciërgewoning werd in 1940 op initiatief van pastoor Aldenhuijsen gebouwd in opdracht van het bestuur van de H. Clemensparochie. Architect was Cees de Bever. De panden zijn gebouwd door de Nuenense aannemer Jac de Vries. Er was een theaterzaal en op de verdieping een kapel, bekroond met een klokketorentje. De Vank is een voorbeeld van door de Delftse School geïnspireerde traditionele architectuur voor kerkelijke doeleinden. Tot 2005 is het als parochiehuis in gebruik geweest. In 2017 is het verbouwd tot appartementencomplex.

Lijst informatieborden / List of info plaques

U bevindt zich op de website “De Drijehornick”, de heemkundekring van Nuenen.